Completing the Claim Form
In order to claim for settlement benefits, you must submit a completed Claim Form, together with any required information. Claim Forms can be obtained by completing the request form located on the right side of this page or by calling 1-800-515-3626. Claim Forms will be sent within 2 business days of the request.
You must complete all mandatory sections of the Claim Form. Mandatory sections are marked with an asterisk (*). You should also attempt to complete the optional sections of the Claim Form, where possible. An incomplete Claim Form might result in a delay of the processing of your claim. Please carefully read the instructions included with your Claim Form.
In advance of filing your Claim Form, please ensure that you have the following documentation:
- The complete address for the property on which the shingles are installed (if different from your mailing address)
- Details on any prior warranty claim that you filed with BP
- Two forms of proof of property ownership
- Examples: a property deed, a dated property tax record, a current mortgage statement, a current home insurance statement, a current utility bill, or registration of title for a home you had built
- Proof of purchase of bp organic shingles
- Examples: an invoice from a roofer, a receipt from a building supply store, an agreement with a builder for a home that you had built
- The brand name and colour of your BP Organic Shingles
- If you do not have this, contact the roofer who installed the shingles or the builder who built your home to obtain this information
- Proof of date of installation of your BP Organic Shingles
- Examples: an invoice from a roofer, a receipt from a building supply store, an agreement with a builder for a home that you had built, or a building inspection report if you purchased the home after the shingles were installed
- Measurements of your roof on a slope-by-slope basis and estimate of number of damaged shingles
- i.e. Each slope is X square feet / metres, the square footage of the roof AND estimate of the number of damaged shingles on the roof (in bundles / squares)
- If you need assistance with this, you could obtain a quote from a roofer and ask for this information to be provided to you
- Photographs showing the condition of the shingles on your roof (a minimum of 2 photographs per slope)
- These photos should be from a distance where the location of the photo can be easily ascertained
- The roof vents and the inside and outside of soffits should be viewable
- The photos must be in colour
- If you need assistance with this, you could inquire with a roofer to see if he or she could take the photos
If you have any questions or require assistance please call toll-free 1-800-515-3626 or contact Class Counsel.
After filing your Claim Form, you might be asked for additional information or documents, sample shingles and/or access to the property to inspect the roof. You must comply with all such requests.